Wednesday, March 17, 2010

There's a loop? Where?

Current word count: somewhere around 24,000.

I haven't been so good about keeping up here, but I have been writing. A lot. A lot, a lot. I am a little over halfway through my novel now and hoping to keep up this momentum. April will be for editing and hopefully I will start querying in May.

On a totally unrelated note, I was checking up on my PB submissions this week and was double checking the time it was supposed to take one of the ones I emailed. Guess what? Sometime between when I sent it and now they stopped accepting submissions. So I'm guessing they aren't going to get back to me. Ever.

I've been reading all sorts of stuff this week about how agents and publishers like to be kept in the loop about if your work is no longer available to them or if you have another offer. Shouldn't authors be kept in the loop? I mean, originally they said they responded to everyone, so I've been very (im)patiently waiting for a reply. If I hadn't gone to their website and poked around I would never know that I wasn't going to get one.

Sigh.

Two publishers still have that book, and I'll probably fine another to send it to this week. I have two other short stories also waiting to hear about publication for.

Off to get my 1500 words in.

No comments:

Post a Comment