Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Down the Rabbit Hole

Shhhh...















Yep. It's a plot bunny. This little one may look super cute, but he is also easily spooked. I'm trying to keep him around for a few more hours so I can finish a short story that I'm working on. Plot bunnies don't seem to come around to my living room very often, perhaps because there aren't many carrots (mental note: look into getting more carrots), so I am keeping today's post fairly short.

What I did want to mention that there are a lot of ways to build your writing career. Getting a book published is probably one of the harder ones I've come across. If you are a good writer and are looking to get a few publishing credentials and make a little money, there are some markets besides traditional book publishers that you should be looking into. I plan to discuss each of these in an upcoming blog post, but for now consider the following outlets for your work: e-publishers, websites, and magazines.

I'm off to keep track of my plot bunny. He's starting to look bored and I'm afraid he'll hop off to another writer's computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment